Monday, December 6, 2010

A Barren Land Made New


"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." - Romans 12:1-2

After taking a little over a week off from writing, I've realized the importance of rejuvenation and renewal.

As I was driving to work this morning, I looked all around me at the barren trees. I thought to myself, "This isn't even winter yet, and everything looks dead!" Then a since of peace came over me as I realized that in just a few months all would be made new with the onset of spring.

This is a mirror image of a human life. We often travel through barren land where everything looks bleak and nothing seems as if it will ever change. We may have lost our job, or lost a loved one. We may have had someone very close to us walk out of our lives or have a child who is choosing to go the wrong path.

I have good news for you. You will soon see the light of day and a renewing peace come over your life if you choose to put your barren land in God's hands. He is ready and willing to take it and make it spring all over again.

Give Him a chance today. He will NEVER fail you!

No comments:

Post a Comment