Monday, December 13, 2010

Bring on the Pain



"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

I remember the first time I ever felt pain. Call me a crazy little red-head or whatever you prefer but I had a major thirst for adventure when I was a child.

At five years old, I was rambunctious, lively and pretty much fearless. One day I decided I was going to put on some roller skates that were about four sizes to big for me. I thought I was big stuff! Then I thought it would be absolutely dare devilish to roller skate on my neighbor's grass, down hill.

You can only imagine what happened next. If not, here's the scoop. Of course the roller skates took off down the hill, at a speed I couldn't control and I went tumbling to the ground, breaking my fall with my wrist.

At that point it was shear panic and pain. I remember screaming at the top of my lungs. I was usually pretty good at that, so my neighbors told me. Yet, supposedly nothing was broken.

So I decided it would be a good idea to go to my gymnastics class. With one summersault, I had excruciating pain once again and that time it put me in a cast.

We often feel the pains of this world. We fall down, break our arm, sprain our ankle, get a concussion, etc.

But we also feel a different kind of pain when things in our life seem to be spinning out of control.We must remember one thing, this pain will only last for a while. God promises there will be no more pain once we get to heaven.

Are you ready to put your faith in Jesus and remember that the trials you go through here on earth are just a blink of an eye compared to the painless eternity you will spend in heaven?

Trust in the Lord. He will see you through, even in the midst of unexpected trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment