Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hunger and Thirst After Righteousness



"Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." - Mathew 5:6

If the wells ran dry I'd be in deep trouble (not intended as a pun). I can't live without water, coke, orange juice, etc. (No I don't do coffee). I'm literally a camel when it comes to liquids and I thrive off of them. Sometimes I think I like them more than food, but then again I would die if I didn't have that too!

How often do we REALLY think about food and water as a necessity? Most of the time they are handed to us. We don't think about the cow that "mooed" it's last moo while we are eating our 16 oz steak, or the poor orange being squeezed to death.

Yet in reality, someone or something paid the price for our necessities. It's as simple as that.

Jesus Christ also paid the price for us in a far greater sense. He died on the cross and rose again so that we might have life and have it more abundantly.

Now it is our turn to show the Lord what we are made of. It's time to step out in faith, and hunger and thirst after Him. Only then can we be truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment