Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One Last Breath



"Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD." - Psalms 150:6
 
First off, I have to say that I am by no means a Dodger fan (I just liked the visual), but I do love going to baseball games with fans who are just outrageously notorious for screaming and yelling. I always wonder if they realize that the rest of the crowd is probably starring at them wondering what kind of midlife crisis caused them to turn out that way.

I will give them credit for one thing. They are good at using their mouths to speak out about what they believe in and they aren't shy about it.

So why are we?

If we say we love the Lord with all of our heart, why are we fearful to pray in front of our friends? Believe me, I've been guilty of that! Why are we afraid to tell others about the one who saved us and created in us a new spirit?

You can say fear is human nature. But is it really? Isn't it just our own selfish mind getting in the way?

If today was your last day, would you be ashamed to speak the name of Jesus? We never know when God will give us one last breath. It will come. One day you will leave your house and say goodbye to your loved ones for the final time.

Let it be said of you that you used your last breath for the glory of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment