Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You Can't Hide From Tribulation



"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

My words are few and far between today for I am troubled as I know many of my readers are. For some reason the words are hard to come by. But the verse above speaks what is on my heavy heart today, in a light that only the Lord can show.

None of us enjoy tribulation. None of us enjoy sorrow. Yet, we cannot travel through this world without these things entering our lives. None of us are exempt from tribulation.

John 16:33 says "ye SHALL have tribulation." It doesn't say you MIGHT have tribulation or there's a POSSIBILITY of tribulation. It will happen at some point and you can't hide from it.

If we stopped reading there, we would have no hope. But my hope; your hope, is in the next line, "be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

He has overcome the world and he can help you overcome any tribulation in your life. He is knocking at your door today. Will you let him in? His peace is on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment