Thursday, October 21, 2010

Peace Like a River



And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:7

I love the song "I've got peace like a river. I've got peace like a river. I've got peace like a river in my soul!"

Imagine the eclectic ways of a river. It can be so strong, yet can also be so peaceful and calm.I'm choosing to focus on the calm, gentleness of a flowing river on a Saturday afternoon. I can picture kids running along the rocky shoreline, chasing their newly purchased puppy, as mom and dad prepare for a cookout.

There's just nothing like the peace of a river. It can put every bone in our body at ease when we really sit back and take it in.

There is a peace that is greater than a river and which "passeth all understanding." That peace comes when we put our faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I've had people ask me how I can possibly go through situations in my life that bare so much weight. Sometimes I think they are crazy for asking, because the answer is very simple yet very difficult for so many to understand.

My truthful reply, "The Lord did it." His peace that "passeth all understanding" carried me through rough waters. I know He will do it again and again.

Will you decide today to let the Lord fill you with peace like a river? It's an easy question but we must have childlike faith to go the distance with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment