Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Word is Our Gift


"Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalms 119:105

I can't wait until Christmas. It's one of my favorite holidays. I love buying gifts for friends and family and watching them open presents. Of course, I'll have to be a bit honest here. I love receiving gifts too.

About a week after Christmas, when all the new has worn off, we often just go back to our old routine and forget about those AMAZING presents.

Did you ever stop to think that we do the same thing with the Bible. We pick it up one day, really enjoy the amazing words, and then put it away and forget about it.

The Bible says God's word "is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." If we read it everyday, God will show us the way. It won't be foggy, or dark, but bright and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment