Thursday, November 18, 2010

Anger + Revenge = Sin



"Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I [am] the Lord." Leviticus 19:18 

I read the stories everyday about people who take other people's lives. It seems like it is getting worse with time. It pretty much makes me sick to my stomach. Today I saw where a man killed three people, a publicist was shot in the chest and then slammed her car into a pole (she later died at a hospital), and a teen boy who was murdered in his own house from a drive by shooting.


The majority of these cases are not random acts of violence but what I believe to be revenge. Anger makes a person do things that no one can possibly understand. What follows that anger is revenge.


Have you ever thought in your mind, "Wow that person is making me so ticked off right now. I'm going to get revenge on them." If you haven't, you must be a saint!


Revenge can easily become sin. Will you allow it to take over your life just because you have bitter feelings towards somebody?


If you let revenge into your heart, it won't take much time before it turns to hatred, and when it does, you won't know who you are anymore.


Instead, why don't we all just take our concerns to the Lord and ask him to ease our minds. It's a easy as ABC for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment