Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Proceed with Caution



"Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil. Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter [any] thing before God: for God [is] in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few." Ecclesiastes 5:1-2

We've all seen the signs on the highways. CAUTION. Of course my first reaction is what do I need to be cautioned about?


I was driving down the two-lane last night and I saw signs saying, "CAUTION, Road Work Ahead." So me being the most tentative driver in the world, slows to about 25. Thank goodness there was no one around to see frantic little ol' me. I was thinking, there has got to be someone out here working their tail off at this time of night if they have the signs up and reflecting so brightly. But no, there was not a single soul around.


We are like this is in our spiritual lives. We see a CAUTION sign, and wonder "What's over there? I really want to know." As we edge closer and closer, we fall into the trap and when it's all said and done, there is nothing on the other side. 


Why don't we learn our lesson and really STOP when God says caution? Today, decide that His ways are better than our own and make a complete 360 in the road. Spin a tire if you have to. Just run to Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment