Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Friendship Dos and Donts



"A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray" - Proverbs 13:26

Friendships are extremely important in the eyes of God. He EXPECTS us to make wise choices when we decide who we are going to hang out with.

As a young Christian teenager and in my 20s, I was not always so wise about my choices in friends. I wanted to look cool and roll with the kids who were popular and had style. I wanted to do the things they did even though I knew that God would not approve of half of them.

Little did I know that my choices would affect me for life. We cannot take back our actions. There were plenty of times that I made friendship mistakes that led me down some dark alleys (no, not literally).

Yet, I knew that my Redeemer wanted me to take another road and follow the crowd who would lead me closer and closer to him.

That choice was the best one I have ever made and I will never regret it.

Some of us are still in our teens and 20s. You can pretend that I am if you'd like. It wouldn't hurt my feelings any! But many of us are in our adult lives and we still could easily get tripped up with the wrong friends and be led astray.

Take the hand of the "Stronghold." He will give you the wisdom and the courage to say no. You will never regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment