Friday, November 19, 2010

He is in the Fire



"And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It [is] my people: and they shall say, The LORD [is] my God." Zechariah 13:9

My brother is a paramedic and a firefighter. When I think about what he does on a daily basis, I am in awe that he could be so selfless; that he would lay down his life for someone else in need. It almost brings me to tears when I think about it.

We all get caught in the so-called "fire of life" every now and then. We may be having trouble at work or marital problems. Maybe one of our children is choosing to stray away from the Lord. Whatever it is, we must always remember that we are not alone in that fire and the One who is right beside us will not let us burn.

In the Bible, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego would not bow down to worship a statue. Because of their godly actions, they were thrown in a fiery furnace and left for dead. Yet, to the dismay of onlookers, they remained unharmed in the flames, for right beside them was a fourth man. King Nebuchadnezzar said in Daniel 3:25, "Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God."

God protected the three men in the fire. They had no burns on them, no sign of smoke inhalation and no marks on their bodies.

He will do the same for us when we fall into fiery trials. Sometimes we wonder what God is doing. Just remember, His almighty hand is a work even now. He will bring you through the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment