Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fear Not



"And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?" Mark 4:40 

I have always been a very fearful person. While growing up I was extremely terrified that someone was going to break into our house at night. I even made my hiding plans, so if the doorknob turned, I would jet out of bed and to safety.

I was also very, very afraid of clowns on stilts and I still am to this day. I know it's silly, but I became terrified of them at a circus when I was five years old. A clown on stilts came up to me and I didn't like that. He bent over to talk to me and I panicked. I wanted to sprint to the other side of the carnival as fast as I could. I turned around to dart off and he started chasing me with his long, fake legs! What kind of crazy clown would chase a poor five-year-old? 


Yes I have been traumatized by that experience and even now I go completely out of my mind when I see one. It took a lot for me to use one as my graphic above!


Oh, and did I almost forget to mention my worst fear in life? BEARS! Yes, that's right, bears. You know those cute little fuzzy things that little kids beg their parents for in the toy stores. Well little kiddies, I hate to break it to you, but those cute cuddly bears are gigantic monsters in real life! 


We all have fears that rage inside of us. Mine are no doubt extremely different from yours. Probably a little immature, but oh well.


Yet, God is wanting to take any fear we have and erase it from our lives. He wants us to trust in Him completely. He is calling all of us and reaching out to hold us in His arms. Let Him take all your fears away. 


Build your faith on the solid rock. If you don't you will sink in the sand.


Photo Credit: Pete Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment